Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We are back


I decided to try a blog again. I miss writing down some of the moments that take my breath away raising a daughter with Down syndrome. Here is one If we could all live the way Mariah does every day would be our birthday and everyone would be best friends. Mariah wakes up and says"today is my birthday do you want to come to my party" And when I pick her up from school she says "good bye, best friend" and hugs each and every child in her class. And, every child lets her. They know something is different about her and not one of them is mean or cruel I have arrived at school to see them giving her rides in the wagon, helping her with her coat and letting her sit by them at lunch. Like the title of my blog says. that is one of the moments that took my breath away. My heart aches because Iknow it won't always be this way as she gets older there will be kids that won't be accepting of her. But, for now I will enjoy seeing her being accepted by all. Mariah turned five in Feb. she had her first friend party it was wonderful and she was on cloud nine!

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you decided to blog again and to leave me a comment, I might never have gotten to meet you and your beautiful children. And Mariah, what a sweetie.
    So, very glad to meet to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! You described it so well...when I see Kayla's classmates interacting with her, it just makes my heart swell. And she knows everyone - it seems whenever we're around town somewhere some kid knows her - and not usually from her own class either! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete